- My Street Films is an international project the aim of which is to popularise short film among a wide audience and allow people interested in film-making to broaden their knowledge by participating in film workshops.
- The organiser of Polish edition of the competition is Krakow Film Foundation with its seat in Krakow (30-364), on Pychowicka 7 Street.
- My Street Films 2015 is held from 5 March 2015 to 6 June 2015.
- Selected films will be shown on the website www.mystreetfilms.pl.
- A film can be submitted only by a natural person, regardless of citzenship. Each person submitting a film has to send the submission form signed by themselves. People under age submit the form signed by their legal guardian.
- Any number of films may be submitted by one person.
- A person submitting a film can freely choose the subject matter; however, it should make references to the title of the project, namely, "my street."
- The film cannot be longer than 10 minutes (including the title and final credits). The films which do not fulfil this criteria will be rejected. The person submitting the film will be immediately informed if the film is considered infringing.
- Film genre - documentary film, but it can be in any style (observational mode, creative documentary, with elements of animation, illustrated commentary, silent film and so on) made using digital video camera, mobile phone or camera.
- The film must fulfill the technical specifications defined in the submission form.
- The film's location has to be specified in detail by its code and/or street name and possible to identify on Google Maps. Films which are not correctly labelled will be rejected.
The person submitting the film will be immediately informed if the film is considered infringing.
- To submit a film, one has to fill in the submission form, which is registration form at the same time. The submission form is available online on www.mystreetfilms.pl.
- Submitting a film is free.
- Films can be submitted from 5 March 2015 to 12 April 2015. A submission is considered to be completed at the moment when the film is uploaded on the Organisers' server.
- If the film is accepted, it will appear on the website within 48 hours.
- After the film has been correctly submitted, the Submitter receives an automatic e-mail confirmation.
- Each film, considered by the Organisers, against the law, promoting products or services, with content including racial, national, religious, political, sexual orientation hatred or offending religious beliefs; including content which can pose a threat to the life and health of minors; made as a result of actions which may pose a threat to the life and health of people and animals; containing profanity, erotic or pornographic content or in any other way violating legal rules or decency in Poland will be rejected, and the Submitter will be deprived of the right to re-submit the film. The person submitting the film will be immediately informed if the film is considered infringing.
- Submitting a film is equivalent to granting the Organiser by the Submitter free and transmissible licence to use the proprietary copyright and neighbouring laws to the film on the following conditions:
1. The license shall be for a period of 10 years.
- The licence authorises to use its subject on all known exploitation fields, in particular: (a) in scope of recording and reproduction; manufacture of copies by any technique, including printing, reprographic, magnetic recording and digital technique, (b) in scope of trading the original and copies: placing on the market of the original or copies, lending or lease of the original or copies, (c) in scope of dissemination in a different manner than the one specified under the letter (b) above: public performance, projection, reproduction, performance and re-broadcasting and wired and wireless broadcasting in all radio and television channels, as well on satellite, digital platforms and multiplexes, on the Internet, using in the form of telecommunication services(e.g. SMS or other audio and visual broadcasts), as well as other means of making it publicly available in such a manner that everyone is able to have access to them at the time and place of their choice.
- The licence authorises to use its subject in the territory including the area of the entire world.
- The Organisers shall be entitled to grant sub-licences to third parties in the scope identical with the scope of the licence.
- The licence also includes the Organisers' right to use its subject for promotional and advertising aims, as well as for the My Street Films project (and its subsequent editions) and all kinds of promotional-advertising actions, the aim of which is to promote the project (as well as its subsequent editions).
- The Submitter is obliged to submit to the Organisers:
1. The declaration of acceptance for the Organisers to make, without the need to obtain additional permission, film studies, by abridging the film and use of these film studies by the Organisers in the exploitation fields, as indicated above;
2. Permission to exercise derivative copyrights, in particular, to use film studies and dispose of these studies in the above-mentioned exploitation fields;
3. Authorisation of the Organisers to make the decision about the first time the film is made available to the public and about making the film available anonymously.
4. Declaration and guarantee that the Submitter is the sole author of the submitted film and has all proprietary copyrights and neighbouring rights, personally and independently manages his own copyrights and neighbouring rights, no one is authorised to represent his rights in this respect and that his rights to the film are not limited or encumbered in any way.
5. Declaration that persons appearing in the film participated in it voluntarily, expressed written consent to use their image and voice and to the film's participation and broadcast within the frames of My Street Films and announced that the broadcast/participation in the project will not infringe their moral rights; no third party will raise any claims or demands against the Organisers on account of the licence granted and on account of exercising the granted power by the Organisers. In the event of any person raising any claims or demands against the Organisers on account of using the films in accordance with the provisions of the licence and these Regulations, the Organisers are released from any obligations on account of the licence granted and will satisfy the claims of the third party in whole;
6. The Submitter's declaration of consent to use the Submitter's personal data needed for the purposes specified in the Regulations and the Submitter's confirmation that they are acquainted with the rules of the project, do not raise any objections and give consent to be bound by the content of these Regulations.
7. Declaration that for the use of someone else's works or their excerpts (e.g. literary, musical works, other films etc.)) he has appropriate agreement - licence agreement concluded with the owner/owners of the rights to the works used under conditions at least as the conditions of the licence specified in these regulations; no third party will raise any claims or demands against the Organisers on account of the licence granted and on account of exercising the transferred power by the Organisers. In the event of any person raising any claims or demands against the Organisers on account of using the films in accordance with the provisions of the licence and these Regulations, the Organisers are released from any obligations on account of the licence granted and will satisfy the claims of the third party in whole;
- The selection of the films will be made by the selection committee of My Street Films team. From among the selected films, independent jury will select three best films which will be shown at a special screening at the 55th Krakow Film Festival. The decision of the jury is final and there is no possibility to appeal against it.
- The winners will be announced at the 55th Krakow Film Festival during My Street Films screening.
- In addition, from among the submitted films, there will be selected films whose authors will be invited to participate in film workshops which are a part of My Street Films project.
- The organisers reserve the right to not selecting any film or to cancel the award without taking any consequences, even if the film has already been submitted.
If you have any questions about the My Street Films competition please feel free to email us at email@example.com and ensure you include your telephone number and name so that one of our team can respond to you promptly.
Great. Now, if you are ready and logged in, you can SUBMIT your film or subject.